Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

#1567056  by F74265A

Trial ship Penang is approaching the mouth of the bay of fundy on its way to SJ

I noticed in the recent video of CP in Maine posted above or over in cmq forum that there is a lot of stick rail still up there. Will be curious if all of this comes out soon in favour of cwr
 #1567174  by Cosakita18

So by the end of this year, if all goes according to plan, Saint John will have 5 weekly container services?

Carribean / East Coast Feeder:
MSC - Canada Gulf Bridge
CMA-CGM - CAGEMA

Transatlantic:
Maersk- CAE Service
Hapag Lloyd - ATA & AL7
 #1567465  by CN9634

Oh yes indeed many are already on the rail.

A second Maersk (test?) ship, the MAERSK PALERMO is scheduled for 4/13 in SJ. Will hit Montreal and Halifax first, then SJ before headed EB. I suspect this one will have heavy eastbound containers as opposed to this test which was heavy WB since they hit SJ first.
 #1568449  by CN9634

While the Palermo arrives Tuesday, two more SJ calls have appeared on the schedule for the Penang and Patras, each a week apart following the Palermo to fill out the Month.

Nothing on Hapag schedule yet.
 #1568611  by F74265A

Palermo is sitting in the anchorage.
A MSC vessel is on the dock.
Will the port upgrades ultimately allow the port to berth and work multiple container ships at the same time?
 #1568630  by CN9634

There is a video for that. The only thing I’ll say is the PSJ and DP World has mentioned ship sizes of 12,000 TEUs whereas this video on says 9,000.

#1568649  by F74265A

Those improvements will make a huge difference. The video strongly suggests that CP trains with CP power —not nbsr—will serve the renovated port. I would love to see cp buy back the rest of their former property
 #1569027  by NHV 669

Frank Jolin with a pair of good shots yesterday showing 251 with auto racks, empty rail train cars from rail recently dropped east of Farnham, and stacks from SJ:

https://steelribbon.smugmug.com/Canadia ... -PKFZzGW/A

https://steelribbon.smugmug.com/Canadia ... -czdn9HQ/A
 #1569590  by johnpbarlow

But why are all the JBHU containers in wells depicted as single stacked as opposed to double stacked? Would this be traffic coming via a CSX-Pan Am routing rather than on CP?