Railroad Forums 

• 72 hours till class time

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#154506  by joshmc5150

WOO! I'm pretty excited and nervous all at the same time. I get to attend my csx conductor school this monday. I'll be at the marshall university location. Good thing for me its only 60 miles from home, but plan to book the hotel so I can study and avoid traffic jams on the intersate. My wife is pretty cool about everything and is also excited. I'll keep a post each week on how the class is like for future people like myself.

#155114  by joshmc5150

Well now I got screwed. I was going to the school. then friday they called and asked to get a job update on me where it had bee 8 months since taking the test. well needless to say I was fired/let go thru no control of my own on a job here recently. And this knocked me out of school cause csx has a strict policy on termination. I luckily got back all my money. Other wise this would have been bad if I was 2 weeks into the program.

#155426  by wmt

Hey, very sorry to hear about your situation. I'm having a little trouble getting my official hire and I find that disappointing enough. I couldn't imagine being ready to head off to training and then being dropped.

What will you do now? Try another school? Have you applied at NS? That is who I'm trying to get in with, and they pay for your training and pay you while you train. I'm not sure their policy on being fired from a job. Seems to me every situation is different and you should have a chance to explain yourself. If you really want it, it's worth a try.

It is good you got your money back though.
Good luck to you
wmt

#156060  by joshmc5150

Its sucks cause I wasnt allowed to go to a school. I think its highly unfair to prejudge a person because of something I have no control of. If I was the interviewer for a company I give the equal oppurtunity to everyone applying. If one person was let go for reasons beyond their control but I thought they was right for the company then I would hire that person with a probation period to redeem theirself. Oh well I'm currently accepted a job working for caterpiller equipment. I'm not makeing the money I would have with csx but I know I'm home everyday and work with super sized mining equipment.