Railroad Forums 

• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1559845  by NJTMonmouthCoastline

Is there any chance of SA-31 running on New Years Eve?

Also any new information on the Freehold To Farmingdale section of track?

Oh Btw yesterday's SA-93 did return the empties from Bel-Ray & Woodhaven from the 17th

Also is Conrail not allowed to go LHF on the Coastline due to the PTC?
 #1559884  by Bracdude181

@NJTMonmouthCoastLine They used to come down LHF a lot but don’t do so now. It’s not a PTC issue though.

I do not know if they will run New Years Eve. Hopefully someone will give a heads up if they do run.
 #1559920  by jdh823

NJTMonmouthCoastline wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:05 pm Is there any chance of SA-31 running on New Years Eve?

Also any new information on the Freehold To Farmingdale section of track?

Oh Btw yesterday's SA-93 did return the empties from Bel-Ray & Woodhaven from the 17th

Also is Conrail not allowed to go LHF on the Coastline due to the PTC?
Chill. This a railroad forum not a Q&A session.

Nothing any any of those yet. Also I wouldnt see why they couldn't go LHF but the RR is very unpredictable.
 #1559931  by David

Questions & answers is what makes this forum so good!
 #1559947  by Bracdude181

@NJTMonmouthCoastline I think it’s because NJT prefers them to run SHF when they have loaded cars behind them? That’s what I’ve heard.

Also I’m sure the crews prefer running these engines forward as much as they can. Running geeps LHF isn’t fun. There’s almost no rear visibility.
 #1560037  by Bracdude181

Conrail came in spray painted “Milepost 65.85” on the abandoned signal bridge in Lakehurst recently.

In addition, a LOT more construction markings are showing up near the tracks there for that gas pipeline project.

What’s up with the milepost marking though? Is that for upcoming track work? Or something else?
 #1560075  by NJTMonmouthCoastline

I just received word from a fellow railfanner that 31 will run on Southern on NYE!

The time maybe different since they might do it in one run & come back

So keep an eye out on the NJCL & there could be a chance they’ll run early.

Disclaimers & last second changes are not ruled out, use caution!
 #1560138  by Bracdude181

@NY&LB SA31 won’t get on duty until 2 PM today. You probably heard either NJ Transit or that one guy in town with a train horn on his truck. ( I don’t know him personally I only know that he exists)
 #1560161  by NJT4149

Clear of BANK on the Southern at 1:57 PM
CSX 4452, CSX 4421, and 14 cars

🐘🐘