• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Matt Johnson

Hearing a freight from the house in Hazlet at 2:48 pm.
  by RailsEast

Thanks Harry, much obliged; always cool to see what the camera can do if you push the settings a little bit.

Matt, I've been home all day & nothing by me on the Southern at 3:40 in the pm.

Chris
  by Matt Johnson

RailsEast wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:39 pm Thanks Harry, much obliged; always cool to see what the camera can do if you push the settings a little bit.

Matt, I've been home all day & nothing by me on the Southern at 3:40 in the pm.
Sorry if I'm mistaken, but it definitely sounded like something slow with a non-NJT horn was rolling by this afternoon. Wish I had known it was coming - I would've headed over to the tracks to see for myself!
  by RailsEast

No worries, Matt, after 2 Sunday runs in the past 6 months, who knows what Conrail will throw at us. I thought I heard on the radio that a MOW crew was active today, perhaps that is what you heard.
Thanks for looking out...
  by GooStats

Today at 2:00 PM, I saw the headlights of some sort of MOW vehicle off in the distance in Shrewsbury. I didn't get a good look, I was driving across the tracks at the Shrewsbury Avenue crossing.
  by Coast Line Railfan

Both tracks inside Brick were used last week, Bel-Ray has their two tanks and a centerbeam for Marjam spotted on the Brick Track in the facility
  by Bracdude181

@CoastLineRailfan Confirmed SA38 dropped one of woodhavens cars off at Brick Recycling.

Guess these guys thought 84 Lumber was still there!
  by Coast Line Railfan

Bracdude181 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:15 pm @CoastLineRailfan Confirmed SA38 dropped one of woodhavens cars off at Brick Recycling.

You see, this car was billed for Brick Recycling, it was not at all a Woodhaven car. As I stated, it went to Marjam.
  by Bracdude181

@CoastLineRailfan Marjam is a very small company and as far as I know they aren’t a Conrail customer. If they are, then it’s very unusual for a place this small to get what is essential a 6 month supply of sheet rock.
  by Coast Line Railfan

Marjam is an international company, if you looked at their website properly, you'd know that. And, the car was literally billed for Brick.
Last edited by Coast Line Railfan on Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by jdh823

Bracdude181 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:15 pm @CoastLineRailfan Confirmed SA38 dropped one of woodhavens cars off at Brick Recycling.

Pretty sure the crew knows what they are doing. Unlike the armchair railroader like you who spreads around exaggerated and untrue rumors, these guys have the paperwork and were told to drop it at Brick. It is probably transloading and makes sense that it is Marjam. They might be small but they could be trying something new...
  by RailsEast

Bracdood, again, check your info before posting. Marjam has over over 40 locations from Nova Scotia in Canada to Florida in the US, including one in Farmingdale, NJ.

https://www.marjam.com/locations/

Sheesh, man, perform your due diligence before spewing inaccuracies on the internet.
Thank you.
  by Tanker1497

Why or how did you think "these guys " just dropped off a car for Woodhaven thinking this might be a good spot at Brick Recycling
CoastLineRailfan said nothing of the sort... read the post!
  by Bracdude181

Yeesh. I’m sorry if I am wrong but what’s with the rude comments calling me an armchair railroader and what not? I haven’t called any of you out like that for inaccurate info.
  by Bracdude181

Two unmarked trucks are at Brick Recycling unloading the centerbeam. Looks like Marjam is the newest customer on the Southern.

Does anyone know how often they plan on getting cars?