• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by R&DB

Monitoring station for gas pipeline. There is an identical installation at the corner of Hulses Corner and Fort Plains Roads on the west side of Howell MILES from any railroad.
  by Bracdude181

There's been a power change at Browns. 4405 left and got replaced by NS 5285. So we now have:

NS 5285
NS 5286
CSX 6160

Has anyone noticed that 5285 ALWAYS finds it way back here? Sure you can say that about other engines but 5285 just always seems to come back sooner or later...
  by CR7876

R&DB wrote:Monitoring station for gas pipeline. There is an identical installation at the corner of Hulses Corner and Fort Plains Roads on the west side of Howell MILES from any railroad.
Thank You.
  by R&DB

CR7876 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:31 pm
R&DB wrote:Monitoring station for gas pipeline. There is an identical installation at the corner of Hulses Corner and Fort Plains Roads on the west side of Howell MILES from any railroad.
Thank You.
Yeah, the foam was getting pretty deep. I live close to the installation I referenced and saw J F Keilly (NJ Natural Gas contractor) trucks during the installation, so I assume it is gas related. The work was performed about 6 months ago.
  by Bracdude181

Any word on power yet? Supposedly we are gonna have 5286 leading with 5285 trailing but I haven't gotten confirmation...
  by RailsEast

NS 5285 went to Freehold today.
  by RailsEast

CSX 6160, NS 5286 with 9 lumber & 2 tanks today, went into emergency in Matawan for some reason. Not yet to Red Bank....
  by Bracdude181

Lots of air hissing from the second car on the train. It's brakes might be busted hence the E-stop.
  by Bracdude181

Another E-stop at Pinebrook Road. Lots of brake problems tonight.
  by Bracdude181

Train should be leaving farmingdale in about 10 minutes or so.
  by RailsEast

Will be a long journey to Lakewood tonight, the crew paused at Shrewsbury Ave to build air as well. Sounded like a bad air hose on the hind end of the second car out or the gladhands were not properly connected.
I tried something a bit different tonight, pushing the ISO settings and only using natural light after sundown....

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=5452215

Chris
  by Bracdude181

Yet another E Stop at 5th street in Lakewood.
  by CSX4421

I never heard SA38 pass me. No clue where they could be
  by RailsEast

Through Shrewsbury at 0500, they made it onto NJT just in time for the trip east.
  by R&DB

RailsEast wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:00 pm Will be a long journey to Lakewood tonight, the crew paused at Shrewsbury Ave to build air as well. Sounded like a bad air hose on the hind end of the second car out or the gladhands were not properly connected.
I tried something a bit different tonight, pushing the ISO settings and only using natural light after sundown....

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=5452215

Chris
Very nice shot Chris.