Railroad Forums 

• Nashville Rainfanning

• Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
Discussion related to railroad activities past and present in West Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Kentucky, Tennesee, Alabama, Arkansas and Loiusiana. For discussion specific to Washington, D.C/DelMarVa, please click here.
 #1484713  by troffey

Hi all,

Apologies if this has an existing topic, as I could not find it. I'll be spending a few days in Nashville this fall (specifically, I'll be staying next to the tracks on the west side of the cumberland river, by RIverfront Park). I'm looking for any advice on good days or times to see any activity in this area. Any feedback is much appreciated!
 #1487200  by Jeff Wagoner

Nashville Union Station makes for a decent shot, one of the overpasses just south of there where the tower is at Kayne Avenue is a pretty decent place to shoot from. The trick is finding a parking place. Trains Magazine did a Hot Spots article on Nashville a couple years ago. Just north of the depot is where lines from Louisville/Evansville meet the line from Memphis. It is fairly busy.

Amqui is on the north side of Nashville, where the Henderson Sub(Evansville) and the Main Line Subdivision (Louisville) meet. It's a rougher part of town so be on watch. The Henderson Sub is the busier of the two so you may want to drive a little bit north of Nashville to see them. I'm not sure how busy CSX is south of Nashville these days. For the longest time it seemed the line to Chattanooga was the busiest, but the SN&A North to Birmingham was really busy the last time I was down there (2015).