Discussion of Canadian Passenger Rail Services such as AMT (Montreal), Go Transit (Toronto), VIA Rail, and other Canadian Railways and Transit

Moderator: Ken V

by Tadman

Anybody ever ride the Sudbury-White River RDC? I have an opportunity to visit Sudbury for work and would definitely ride the RDC round trip if I can swing it and it's worth the time. Input appreciated, thanks!
  by R36 Combine Coach

The summer 2018 Sudbury-White River RDC timetable has four new flag stops: Forks, Sinker, Swanson and Amyot added as of July 26.
  by BAR

I would like to make this trip from Sudbury and overnighting in White River. Are there any motels near the station in White River? Thanks for any info.

BAR
  by briann

The motels in White River are mostly on or near the TransCanada Highway (Hwy 17). I have stayed at the Continental Motel - not luxury, but perfectly acceptable for a highway motel, and with a decent restaurant too. It's a bit of a hike from White River station - maybe about 700m.
  by BAR

Brian,

Thanks for the helpful information.

BAR
  by Mark0f0

Any big value of this trip scenery-wise, or is it all about the RDC experience?
  by R36 Combine Coach

briann wrote:The motels in White River are mostly on or near the TransCanada Highway (Hwy 17). I have stayed at the Continental Motel - not luxury, but perfectly acceptable for a highway motel, and with a decent restaurant too. It's a bit of a hike from White River station - maybe about 700m.
White River is small town of 607. The station is on Winnipeg Street near Elgin. It is a 10 minute walk (0.5 mile) up Elgin to the Trans-Canada Highway. No AAA/CAA hotels or restaurants, but three motels, a truckstop, gas stations and food on the highway.

See map
  by BAR

R36 Combine Coach,

Thanks for the map and info. Looks like I can walk from the station to the Continental.

BAR