• Amtrak On-Time Performance (OTP) Delays Reroutes Annulled

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by Gilbert B Norman

To borrow Mr. Lustig's format;

Does anyone know what happened to:

381 (13), Carl Sandburg?

I observed it passing some 2hrs late.

OK, the weather is cold, but there is no snow on the ground or coming down (that's Monday). Of interest, the consist is an SC-44 and four A-I's. No Horizons, no Food car (maybe a panic box).

I can almost guess; the Horizons said "baby it's cold outside", and Lumber Street had to scramble and scrounge some A-I's from "HOONOSWARE".

So much for "your trip is weatherproof".
  by Dick H

Vermonter Woes, Saturday, 1/13/18

Northbound #54 lost 4 hrs, 14 minutes between Metropark and Newark NJ
As of 5:00PM, is 4 hours late arriving at Stamford CT.

Southbound #57 was 1 hr, 14 minutes late into WRJ, but apparently spent
over three hours at or near WRJ and is running 4 hours and 39 minutes
late around Claremont Jct as of 5:00PM.
  by Dick H

Update on Southbound Vermonter #57 1/13.
Train was held for three hours in the area
of Cornish NH due to ice jams on the '
Connecticut River requiring bridge
inspection by the NECR.
  by Dick H

Palmetto 89 (14) Whitaker NC Crossing Accident, Double fatality in automobile,
Accident occurred at 2:30PM. Train was still being held at 6:30PM. No word if
passengers would be bused or damage to locomotive. From WNCN.com
http://wncn.com/2018/01/14/married-coup ... sh-county/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by Railjunkie

shlustig wrote:Does anybody know why westbound Maple Leaf #63 (18th) lost 3' 45" from Amsterdam to Utica??

Air compressor went belly up. Died just east Little Falls. Rescue engine was tacked onto the rear AMT281.
  by shlustig

Does anybody know why:

A. On the STL corridor, #301 (5th) lost 3' 10" SPI to ALN; and

B. What happened to Empire Service #284 (5th) that shows Dpg. NFL OT and then nothing?
  by KevinD

A couple of NY Empire Service oddities this morning....

Train 280 got stopped at the I-90 overpass at Whitesboro (roughly 4/5th of the way between Rome and Utica), and then backed up (at roughly 20 mph) to Rome station and then sat for an hour and went into Service Disruption. Following train 284 was on time at SYR and ended up 45 minutes down out of Rome.

Train 48 running about 3.5 hours down at ROC went from 77 MPH at Wayneport Rd to 0 MPH just a half mile past Wayneport Rd (between Fairport and Macedon) and has not moved for the past 2.5 hours. 63 got past 48's location at reduced speed. 64 currently looks like its stopped close behind or alongside 48.
  by nova08

There were power problems at NYP last night (the 11th) at around 5:15pm. My 5:25pm westbound regional departure from EWR was ~2 1/2 hours late.

They were stacking eastbound trains at EWR. For ~15 minutes two NYP bound regionals were tail to nose stopped on the eastbound platform and the NYP bound Silver Star was stopped on the westbound platform.
  by tvcigar

I caught sight of the Northbound Crescent this morning in the daylight of High Point NC. Had to be at least 5 hours late.