Railroad Forums 

• The Atlantic City Line Thread

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#1460395  by MedicSutton

Any word on a service plan for Thursday? Just Sayin.. #remember08
 #1460406  by liftedjeep

MedicSutton wrote:Any word on a service plan for Thursday? Just Sayin.. #remember08
As of now, the schedule looks to be service as usual. PATCO has already released a modified schedule for Thursday however. I think that would be your best bet to get into the city from Jersey.
Ben
 #1460639  by sammy2009

I'm wondering the same. Why didn't NJT add some extra service for this special event.... are all the cars really out on the runs in North Jersey. ? I know many people are not gonna wanna drive in the city, why not swap those sets and throw MLV's on the line. That would possibly double the capacity. NJT really treats the Atlantic City Line like crap when a even for the feeding city can give the line a time to shine. They instead are throwing the load on the RIVERLINE. I wonder if it has to do with freight tracks along the schedule on the AC Line ?
 #1460645  by time

Last week a train from New York Penn arrived at Newark Broad Street Station. The doors opened, and people literally fell out of the train as the doors opened. A few hundred people got off the train, but that was only because they had to let the 20-50 people off at Broad Street. The rest, plus another 50 or so waiting on the platform, proceeded with the process of mashing each other back onto the train. It took 4 tries to close the doors. Some people gave up and waited for the next train.

No, NJT does not have extra equipment for Eagles fans. :P
 #1460946  by R36 Combine Coach

sammy2009 wrote:I'm wondering the same. Why didn't NJT add some extra service for this special event.... are all the cars really out on the runs in North Jersey. ? I know many people are not gonna wanna drive in the city, why not swap those sets and throw MLV's on the line. That would possibly double the capacity. NJT really treats the Atlantic City Line like crap when a even for the feeding city can give the line a time to shine. They instead are throwing the load on the RIVERLINE.
Not even the pope could bring the Multilevels to the AC Line.
 #1460952  by liftedjeep

R36 Combine Coach wrote:
sammy2009 wrote:I'm wondering the same. Why didn't NJT add some extra service for this special event.... are all the cars really out on the runs in North Jersey. ? I know many people are not gonna wanna drive in the city, why not swap those sets and throw MLV's on the line. That would possibly double the capacity. NJT really treats the Atlantic City Line like crap when a even for the feeding city can give the line a time to shine. They instead are throwing the load on the RIVERLINE.
Not even the pope could bring the Multilevels to the AC Line.
I'm wondering if clearance issues on the Delair Bridge restrict the use of Multilevels on the Atlantic City Line. I know that's why autoracks and double-stack container cars are prohibited in South Jersey (not that there is a need for them, but regardless).
Ben
 #1461899  by Graeme Salt

I unwittingly travelled on the Atlantic City Line on the day of the Eagles victory parade (looking for GP40s but finding ALP45s.) Train 4612 left Hammonton full and standing - I wouldn't say it was crammed, certainly not compared with what I've experienced in Asia or even on the London tube, but it was cosy and I think we left a few dozen people behind on the platform (a policeman was deciding who got on and who didn't based on party size, and I only just made it as I was travelling alone.) Shortly after departure, the conductor announced that supervision had ordered the train run non-stop to 30th Street, after which it would immediately return to AC to let off passengers wanting intermediate stations! I didn't hear any dissent so I suppose most people were heading for the parade, but it was tough luck on any regular commuters wanting Lindenwold or Pennsauken! Back in 30th Street I found 4206 and 4215 sitting paired up on an empty train in track 1, and assumed they were going to work an extra, although I couldn't hang around to find out - don't suppose anyone saw them later on?
 #1463890  by ConrailRailfan

I saw on the NJT website that trains were operating from Cherry Hill to AC today due to Amtrak signal problems. However, the trains operated to the Pennsauken Transit Center. I guess the website just didn't get updated?