Railroad Forums 

• bnsf conductor training

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#143738  by trussl_5

Just curious as to what kind of tests are involved at the hiring session and what to expect in general. Iv'e done volunteer work on a tourist railway that operated a steam locomotive as a fireman and I realy enjoyed that and it kinda gave me some insight into railroading.
Anyway I'm very excited about going to the interview with BNSF just a little nervous and looking for a little advice.

Thank You

#143758  by AmtrakFan

Don't tell them your a railfan
Tell them you have prior RR Experience
It will go fine.

#143817  by JuKayes

The tests are basic math, and also some psych tests... The math tests are easy, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages... mixed with some word problems...

Psych test are quite self-explanatory, answer with what they want to hear... Interview will be quick, they'll have maybe 5-7 questions they'll ask... Once again, answer with what they want to hear... Stressing safety, punctuality (i.e. you don't miss work), and key on your previous experience...

Good luck...