• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by RailsEast

Through Eatontown at 0440 hours, train currently sitting at Patterson Ave in Shrewsbury, most likely waiting on a crew.
  by OCtrainguy

I drove past Collingwood Auction this morning and no sign of the train tied down there. That explains why. Thanks for the info Chris.
Last edited by OCtrainguy on Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by NJT4149

SA-31 lined and locked normal at Church eastbound 3:08 PM
  by southern sec. kid

The old Asphalt plant across from Extech is in the process of building something big, almost trackside. Not sure if it is still under the same ownership. I feel like it's a slim chance that it is railroad related, but you never know. Don't mean to cause any speculation!

Anyone know when they stopped receiving cars on that property? The warehouse on the other side of the tracks had a siding too, if not sure when they stopped getting service either.
  by NJT4149

31 lined and locked normal at Church 3:48 PM
  by RailsEast

CSX 4415 (long time no see), CSX 4441 + 14, through Eatontown at 4:50 in the pm. Looks like 1 brick & 13 Woodhavens this week. A couple of KXHR box cars (shortline Knoxville & Holston River); don't remember if I've seen those reporting marks before...lumber, I presume, but not sure.
Last edited by RailsEast on Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  by NJT4149

CSX 4415, CSX 4441 + 14 ( 1 brick, 13 Woodhavens) by Pinebrook Road at 4:56 PM
  by NJT4149

SA-31 permission to open Church at 3:30 PM
  by RailsEast

CSX 4415 shf + 7, approaching Eatontown at 4:35 in the pm. Possible brick on the head end, one tank, the rest for Woodhaven. Presumably due to weather concerns, only 1 centerbeam this week.....
  by RailsEast

Eastbound through Shrewsbury at 0340 hours.
  by southern sec. kid

I posted on here around a week ago about some construction going on across the Street from Extech. Passed by again today and it was for the new power lines going up.
  by NJT4149

SA-31 lined and locked normal at Church 4:02 PM
  by NJT4149

Per a source, train has CSX 4415, CSX 4412, and 18 cars; one gon, 1 tank, rest Woodhavens
  by RailsEast

Hmm, I counted 15, but I have been wrong before; anywho, 1 Brick car, 1 tank, 1 gon, rest for Woodhaven, through Eatontown at 1700 hours.
Chris
  by RailsEast

Eastbound through Shrewsbury at 0330 hours...