• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by RailsEast

No problems on the Southern tonight, crew heading back with a large train of 17 or so empties, through Shrewsbury at 0230 hours.
Chris
  by NJT4149

SA-31 lined and locked normal at Church 4:13 PM. Should be CSX 4441 and 8 cars
  by RailsEast

Confirmed, CSX 4441 shf + 8, through Shrewsbury at 5:00 in the pm. Head-end Railbox (ABOX), not sure if brick or not, the rest for Woodhaven.
  by R&DB

The Railbox was for Extec. They counld't pull the empty out due to track blockage, so they left the full one on the Extec siding by the main.
Last edited by R&DB on Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
  by RailsEast

Thanks, Harry. Not being able to pull the empty is not only embarrassing to the customer, but possibly costly as well if the rr imposes demurrage charges on the empty car. And not to mention not being able to unload the spotted car. That's a small mess there......
  by RailsEast

Eastbound through Shrewsbury at 0200 hours.....
  by R&DB

Thanks, Harry. Not being able to pull the empty is not only embarrassing to the customer, but possibly costly as well if the rr imposes demurrage charges on the empty car. And not to mention not being able to unload the spotted car. That's a small mess there......
Chris,
This the second time this month this has happened. (See Southern Secondary Kid's post on 12/10) One would think the people at Extec would keep the Row clear, especially if it costs them money.
  by NJT4149

SA-31 at Church waiting for 3260 to clear
SA-31 apparently holding until the end of the rush hour...
Last edited by NJT4149 on Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by joesirr

Coastline just told them they're holding them til after the rush. OI 16 waiting too.
  by NJT4149

joesirr wrote:Coastline just told them they're holding them til after the rush. OI 16 waiting too.
That means it'll be another late night run
  by NJT4149

Permission to open Church at 7:32 PM
Lined and locked normal 7:45 PM
Clear of the Southern 8:50 PM
  by RailsEast

Crap....CSX ____, CSX 4423 + 16, approaching Eatontown at 9:10 in the pm. Missed the lead unit....looks like one tank & 15 Woodhavens.
Chris
  by NJT4149

I've been sitting at Extech for close to 45 minutes now and the train has not made it here yet. The snow is progressively getting worse, so I doubt I'll stay much longer.
  by NJT4149

Changing crews at Collingwood; I cannot stay for them to drill Extech...