• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by southern sec. kid

Just drove past Brick Recycling and there was only a Gondola and a tanker car.
  by RailsEast

Ok, then they drilled Brick on the way up; their siding was empty Thursday morning. Perhaps they left Lakewood with only those 2 cars?
  by RailsEast

And on a side note, thanks to NY&LB and everyone over the years.......there are now over One Million views on this topic, which is, I believe, the most on the whole site. Cheers.....
  by southern sec. kid

I'm still not sure when the Second box car was left at Extech before Thursday. It was very close to the main, it seems like Extech would have had a very hard time unloading from where it was placed.
  by CNJSouDivFan

Congrats on 1,000,000 guys!
  by David

CNJSouDivFan wrote:Congrats on 1,000,000 guys!

NICE!
  by NJT4149

Here's a video of the SA-38 from this past Thursday night in Red Bank

https://youtu.be/hYuLxVIZAH8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by NJT4149

Look for a train on the Southern tonight; SA-93 on duty at 7 PM to bring the empties in Lakewood back to Browns. SA-31 will run normally tomorrow.
  by RailsEast

Thanks, Donny; I did a quick drive-by today, and it seems that everything is back on the rails, and the one car with just one axle off had been pushed or pulled back into Woodhaven. There are still 3 or 4 loads on the main just east of the switch, I guess tonight's crew will get those into Woodhaven proper for offloading tomorrow. I'm assuming CR had a service like Hulcher or RJ Corman come in to get those loads re-railed. Two CR MOW pickups on the scene today, but I didn't want to bother anyone....
  by southern sec. kid

If the SA93 brings back the empties+the empties in Woodhaven that should make for a pretty long train on the return trip
  by RailsEast

Agreed....could be as many as 28 cars on the return trip late tonight, if the crew takes the time to clear everything out & not just drill Woodhaven & return to Browns. Presumably 14 old empties left on the main before the derailment, 2 empties from Extech, 10 current empties from Woodhaven, 1 gon & 1 tank at Brick.
  by NJT4149

SA-93 permission on the Church Runner 8:46 PM
SA-93 has been holding at Church for sometime due to an NJT job switching equipment at RARE
Permission to open Church at 9:49 PM
Lined and locked normal 10:01 PM
CSX 4423 lite clear Bank at 10:34 PM
  by RailsEast

The first westbound 'long hood forward'' move in quite some time, lite power through Shrewsbury at 10:50 in the pm.
  by southern sec. kid

4:27 AM Just saw 4423 come back through Farmingdale with 23 empties!
  by RailsEast

Yes, indeed, cool sight, through Shrewsbury at 0540 hours. They did not drill Brick Recycling, probably ran out of time....