by NJT4149

Here is the situation in Farmingdale tonight in a nut shell
https://flic.kr/p/Pug4Cd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by RailsEast

Awesome shot, Donny...
  by NJT4149

MA-80 east through Farmingdale at 11:48 PM
  by southern sec. kid

I am over at my Buddies house off of Aldrich Road and Route 9 South in Howell and heard the Horn cutting through the air about 20 Minutes ago. The train was making it's way through either Lakewood or South Howell. I'd imagine it was headed towards Browns Yard.

Nice to still Hear A Leslie RS3L every now and then. Always has been my favorite. Happy Thanksgiving!
  by JohnFromJersey

NJT4149 wrote:Big rig just took down one of the crossing signals on Main Street in Farmingdale; engineer reported it
Isn't this like the third time this year someone has taken out those gates?
  by RailsEast

Not sure about the third time this year for grade crossing equipment destruction, but in my 30 years of visiting Farmingdale almost weekly (for work), that is the first time I've seen something like that. Of course, I don't live there, so southernsec.kid might have better info.
On a side note, I didn't realize until today that the head-end box car this week was destined for Extech; generally, they get Central of Ohio cars (reporting marks CUOH), but the car spotted this week had ABOX marks.
On a side, side note, why did the crew pick up the loaded scrap gon from Brick Recycling, but not the empty tank car??
Just curious........
  by joesirr

Hi,
Hope I'm not hijacking this thread. I thought I heard PR-52 last night tell the Coastline dispatcher they were at Perth Amboy wanting to go to Bank. Searching the board now. Thanks, Joe.
  by NJT4149

joesirr wrote:Hi,
Hope I'm not hijacking this thread. I thought I heard PR-52 last night tell the Coastline dispatcher they were at Perth Amboy wanting to go to Bank. Searching the board now. Thanks, Joe.
PR-52 is the recrewed Browns-Oak Island transfer move; they were likely looking to go between WOOD (GSS connection) and ESSAY (connection with the Amboy Secondary).
  by joesirr

PR-52 is the recrewed Browns-Oak Island transfer move; they were likely looking to go between WOOD (GSS connection) and ESSAY (connection with the Amboy Secondary).
That's what I usually hear so my old ears are messin' with me, thanks!
  by NJT4149

SA-31 waiting on one eastbound
Permission to open Church 4:32 PM
Lined and locked normal 4:45 PM
  by RailsEast

NS 5313, CSX 4429 + 16, through Shrewsbury at 5:40 in the pm. One tank, one head-end box (couldn't tell if it was for Extech or not); gonna have to get to Browns to shoot this train with the later schedule they've been on lately. Another healthy train, though.....
  by RailsEast

Through Eatontown at 0500 hours....
  by NJT4149

Haven't heard anything about SA-31 yet...
  by RailsEast

I know that the crew has a window of opportunity to enter NJT in the afternoon (deadline is 4:30 or 5:00 I think), so if they were tied up and couldn't get to the Church Runner by then, they may make a late move tonight; I remember a couple of late Thursday (10:00-11:00pm) runs over the years. I heard OI-16 get permission to occupy the Amboy Secondary, so if the train isn't parked at Church for a recrew, then they never got out of the yard this afternoon. Not sure if they possibly went down early, I couldn't get to a radio until 3:30 in the pm.