• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by NJT4149

Look for SA-31 to run tomorrow. I'll confirm if/when I hear them at Church
  by NY&LB

Probably will see a run today, they ran on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving last year
  by NJT4149

No SA-31 today...
  by JohnFromJersey

I believe the SA-31 did run today. I was passing through the outskirts of Farmingdale at around 7:45-ish, and I missed the train by mere seconds (as soon I crossed the crossing, the lights and bells started going off, and I could see an approaching set of headlights in the distance.

I thought about turning around, but I was unable to. No idea of how many cars it had, but I'm going to assume it had the usual 10-ish
  by RailsEast

I beg to differ, sir.....
  by southern sec. kid

I've spent the better half of my night finishing up some work before Thanksgiving break with my window cracked and as of 3:20 AM, I haven't heard anything come through Farmingdale.

Perhaps we will see the train make a run on Friday? Not sure what job(s) the SA 31 is responsible for on Fridays anymore.
  by NJT4149

They may also run today, but Friday does seem to be the most likely option; two years ago they ran the Friday after Christmas. They run as needed on Fridays, usually going on the Hightstown Industrial with the occasional run to Freehold.
  by NJT4149

Just received a heads up that SA-93 is on duty at 2 PM today. Not sure where they're going, but look for a possible run on the Southern
  by NJT4149

SA-93 doing the Freehold; 31 doing the Southern
Last edited by NJT4149 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  by NJT4149

SA-31 permission on the Church Runner at 2:01 PM
Waiting on one eastbound
Permission to open Church 2:36 PM
Lined and locked normal 2:52 PM
Clear of the Southern 3:35 PM
Power is NS 5282
  by RailsEast

NS 5282 shf + 13, looks like all Woodhavens this week.
  by RailsEast

A rare Wednesday run due to the holiday week; fortunately the crew got out of Browns a bit earlier this week, and there was some daylight to work with on the northern part of the line.
As the crew looked just south of Patterson Ave. in Shrewsbury, with a few leaves hanging on for dear life......

http://njtwom.rrpicturearchives.net/sho ... id=4588683" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Happy Turkey Day,
Chris
  by NJT4149

Per a source, MA-80 will take the train from Lakewood to Browns tonight
  by RailsEast

A Manville-based crew? That's interesting....long taxi rides tonight for some folks, that's for sure.
  by NJT4149

Big rig just took down one of the crossing signals on Main Street in Farmingdale; engineer reported it