Railroad Forums 

• AEM-7 status

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1395154  by ApproachMedium

MARC is interested in leasing them, yes every single AEM-7 AC that was leased is up for sale/or release except the 3 that do not exist anymore that were lease units. The 8 units that amtrak owns are all mothballed except the one in marc service.
 #1395269  by SEPTA Fan 235

Someone posted on Facebook that 946 is the last unit being leased and it was going to be pulled from service perminatly after running train 419 today. I don't believe everything on facebook, so can anyone confirm this?
 #1395286  by amtrakhogger

I heard the 946 was supposed to be retired last week, but I saw it on Friday in service. I will believe it is retired when I see in the Wilmington deadline.
Last edited by amtrakhogger on Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1395328  by CNJGeep

Posts are indicating that 946 has been retired following Train 419 yesterday. P42s have been placed in service.
 #1395999  by amtrakhogger

The 939 is back from the dead. It was spotted at Ivy City on 8/7 coupled to the 946 and presumably for Marc service.
 #1396046  by ACeInTheHole

939 is not back from the dead, it and 946 were being prepped for shipment to Wilmington

The one that IS back from the dead is MARC #4903. Spotted alive and humming next to #644 in DC.
 #1396127  by ApproachMedium

Creeepy!!

There was at least one AEM-7 pan up today in wilmington shops but i could not make it out as it was buried deep. The 939 and 946 are in fact back at the shops though on the north leg of the wye.
 #1396132  by electricron

How many farewell trips should Amtrak have? Everyone had a chance to buy tickets and ride on the last farewell ride.
Isn't one farewell trip enough? Is there one NEC or more? Why should the NEC northeast of NYC be treated separately?
 #1396253  by amtrakhogger

ApproachMedium wrote:
ACeInTheHole wrote:939 is not back from the dead, it and 946 were being prepped for shipment to Wilmington

The one that IS back from the dead is MARC #4903. Spotted alive and humming next to #644 in DC.

Creeepy!!

There was at least one AEM-7 pan up today in wilmington shops but i could not make it out as it was buried deep. The 939 and 946 are in fact back at the shops though on the north leg of the wye.
The 917 was the one with the pantograph raised.
 #1396263  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

electricron wrote:How many farewell trips should Amtrak have? Everyone had a chance to buy tickets and ride on the last farewell ride.
Isn't one farewell trip enough? Is there one NEC or more? Why should the NEC northeast of NYC be treated separately?
Not looking to ride, kinda tough to take time off in the railroad world there Just a suggestion there sparky, obiv not gonna happen seeing as it would have been done by now
 #1396314  by amtrakhogger

ACeInTheHole wrote:939 is not back from the dead, it and 946 were being prepped for shipment to Wilmington

The 4903 back from the dead, eh? It was spotted up at the "farm" way out in the back of Ivy City. I guess it's return is short lived. Lol.
 #1399009  by SEPTA Fan 235

Just curious, would Amtrak sell the builder's plates online off an AEM-7AC? What I would do to have one of those...