Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Train2009

At 5:20 PM last night P & W Freight Train came thru Mamaroneck eastbound on the Express Track.
  by Cttrainguy52

I have yet to catch it but it always passes on fridays from 11:00 AM to 2:30 PM
  by Seacoastrfan

There is some great information here about freight on MNR. Most appreciated. I am most interested in freight on the New Haven Line. However, I had a couple of questions I was wondering if anyone could answer:

a. I know that MNR uses 161.545 as their road radio frequency on the New Haven Line. I am interested in CSX freights on MNR. Do they (and P&W) also use 161.545 on the New Haven Line, or do they use a different frequency?

b. I am interested in chasing CSX B750 at Ring's End Lumber in Darien as I have family that live close to that location (I visit from New Hampshire). Does that train switch Ring's End frequently, or just occasionally? What time does B750 usually come through Darien? What's the best way to find out--scanner? Or some other way?

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Patrick J.
  by Jeff Smith

Welcome to the forum; I hope you don't mind I relocated your post as it was more relevant to New Haven freight. There's also a Danbury topic on freight: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=157751" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by DutchRailnut

radio frequencies are based on territory, not carrier or service, so yes a CSX or P&W crew on Metro North has to use Metro North frequencies for line traveled.