• POED / EDPO (Portland - East Deerfield trains)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by johnpbarlow

riffian wrote:I take it that's 11 loads and 96 empties.....
And it didn't seem to me that the SD40 was operating as it passed over Groton-Harvard Rd but I might be wrong.
  by johnpbarlow

Given the recent emergence of train PWED and given that EDPO made a rare appearance in Hill Yd on Friday 2/19/16, is PAR continuing to fine tune its PAS freight offerings? Or are all these recent odd events just situational one-offs? WRT EDPO's 60+ car pick-up at Hill Yd, would this ordinarily have been picked up by SEPO but the resulting SEPO outbound from Ayer would have been too big? Interesting developments...
  by MEC407

Video by Derek Carpine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0JgWrsQmPQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by newpylong

Night is deceiving, they aren't going 40 in that video. The tail end gets a little faster as it progresses.
  by MEC407

Being that close and having the camera zoom at a wide setting also makes them look like they're moving faster than they really are.

Then again, anything over 10 is fast by PAR standards. :wink:
  by johnpbarlow

MEC407 wrote:...Then again, anything over 10 is fast by PAR standards. :wink:
As it is said about football, railroading on Pan Am is a game of inches.
  by hh660

When I watch the video, the warning lights appeared to me to be blinking at a constant and appropriate rate.
The trains passing my office, near the Mountain Branch, are all traveling about 25 to 35 mph (around 50 feet/second), they appear to be going much faster because of what I'm used to seeing them run much slower, I guess. It's pretty impressive to have them traveling trough so many grade crossings that fast, though!
S
  by 690

newpylong wrote:Night is deceiving, they aren't going 40 in that video. The tail end gets a little faster as it progresses.
Probably don't have telemetry.
  by MEC407

Video by Signal Hill Productions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzDDRitGNtw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by CN9634

atholrail wrote:EDPO 3401-516-8955 and 54 cars 37 CEFX cement thru Shirley at 1410.
Any shots of the Cement cars? Wondering if they are destined for the CMQ Rockland Branch.