Railroad Forums 

• POED / EDPO (Portland - East Deerfield trains)

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1372010  by johnpbarlow

Given the recent emergence of train PWED and given that EDPO made a rare appearance in Hill Yd on Friday 2/19/16, is PAR continuing to fine tune its PAS freight offerings? Or are all these recent odd events just situational one-offs? WRT EDPO's 60+ car pick-up at Hill Yd, would this ordinarily have been picked up by SEPO but the resulting SEPO outbound from Ayer would have been too big? Interesting developments...
 #1372285  by MEC407

Video by Derek Carpine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0JgWrsQmPQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1372345  by MEC407

Being that close and having the camera zoom at a wide setting also makes them look like they're moving faster than they really are.

Then again, anything over 10 is fast by PAR standards. :wink:
 #1372395  by hh660

When I watch the video, the warning lights appeared to me to be blinking at a constant and appropriate rate.
The trains passing my office, near the Mountain Branch, are all traveling about 25 to 35 mph (around 50 feet/second), they appear to be going much faster because of what I'm used to seeing them run much slower, I guess. It's pretty impressive to have them traveling trough so many grade crossings that fast, though!
S
 #1372414  by 690

newpylong wrote:Night is deceiving, they aren't going 40 in that video. The tail end gets a little faster as it progresses.
Probably don't have telemetry.
 #1376161  by MEC407

Video by Signal Hill Productions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzDDRitGNtw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;