Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#1336359  by Head-end View

Earlier this week at mid-day I rode a "C" train of R-32's in Manhattan......at the front window of course!
 #1359701  by 4400Washboard

There was one A R32 set operating during rush hours earlier this year. Not sure if it still active.

Wait for a C R32. You'll definitely get an R32, maybe not initially but if you wait long enough you will.
 #1359782  by Allan

Nicholas Chen wrote:R160s also run on the C. I'm not sure if they still run R46s on the C or if that was only the A.
The R46s are only the the A. The C is just R32's and R160's (Two 4 car sets)
 #1359908  by GirlOnTheTrain

Stop making new threads for this. I merged them.

Also, a lot of the 32s are remaining assigned to the J - I personally see more 160s on the C than I do 32s, but that's the weekend.

Again, my suggestion is - go ride them on the J - there's more to see out the head end when it's above ground. Plus you might get an R42 - you could kill two birds with one stone.
 #1362401  by Hamilton Express

naugatroll wrote:Stop making new threads for this. I merged them.

Also, a lot of the 32s are remaining assigned to the J - I personally see more 160s on the C than I do 32s, but that's the weekend.

Again, my suggestion is - go ride them on the J - there's more to see out the head end when it's above ground. Plus you might get an R42 - you could kill two birds with one stone.
I caught an R42 (J) a few weeks back. And don't worry if you're going for riding it on weekends. They operate during those times too.
 #1364960  by Head-end View

I tried unsuccessfully to catch an R-32 on the "C" today, a weekday at 2:30pm with no luck. An R-32 train was just leaving as I hit the platform at the new Fulton Transit Center and the next two were R-160's, after which I gave up waiting. Not my day.......

I gotta say this game of trying to catch "corner-cab" trains is wearing thin. Can't hardly find them on the #7 anymore, and now becoming scarce on the "C" as well. Looks like this will be over pretty soon, regrettably.