• Half hour intervals?

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

by TrainPhotos

Launcher wrote:
Suburban Station wrote:Eliminate the transfer at trenton.
When transfer is less than 10 minutes it makes so difficult for crowds of people to buy a ticket. I wish advance tickets could be easily purchased on both systems, and not just on the Trenton platform. When transfer is 20 minutes or greater, it defeats the purpose of the platform connection. I wish these schedules could be made more consistently synchronous. Then there is the "last train of the night problem" and the RiverLine is certainly not helping any in that regard.
I've noticed the marked difference between NJT and SEPTA with train & other mode meets. It's like SEPTA trains don't know buses exist, and don't know other trains exist or where they may be. On NJT the crew seems to know where another train might be, with accurate wait time estimates. You'd think more attention would be paid to synchronising modes & trains. As a car free person, this definitely is a very squeaky wheel. On the plus side, SEPTA seems to wait for late NJT at Trenton from what co-workers have described over the years...
  by Launcher

TrainPhotos wrote:
Launcher wrote:
On the plus side, SEPTA seems to wait for late NJT at Trenton from what co-workers have described over the years...
Yes it's true that some effort has at least been made to protect these connections, and if they didn't, they'd have an empty train. $

I'm talking about drafting of the schedules. A transfer quicker than 10 minutes or longer than 20 minutes defeats the purpose of the transfer. (Except when there is another relief train going out within the same 10-20 minute span, such as NJT peak service.)
  by TrainPhotos

Launcher wrote:
TrainPhotos wrote:
Launcher wrote:
On the plus side, SEPTA seems to wait for late NJT at Trenton from what co-workers have described over the years...
Yes it's true that some effort has at least been made to protect these connections, and if they didn't, they'd have an empty train. $

I'm talking about drafting of the schedules. A transfer quicker than 10 minutes or longer than 20 minutes defeats the purpose of the transfer. (Except when there is another relief train going out within the same 10-20 minute span, such as NJT peak service.)
Agree. Would be neat to see septa meet NJT with reasonable transfer times (between the two platforms comes to mind). What if you gotta "go"? I guess do it on the NJT train before you get to Trenton?

Been trying to hang out wth some friends & co-workers in lower bucks county, but I seem to be thwarted by the dagnab schedule, especially on weekends, when they and I are off work...