Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Backshophoss

An Automatic that's not a true Automatic,it should show stop untill 1 of the CP WX signals shows a proceed signal.
unless you are picking up a car from the cripple track.
Also both NYSW and NJT Dispatchers need to agree on the move at handoff to the other RR.
  by Steve F45

nomis wrote:Steve, are you sure they were do do any work in Passenger territory? DRN doesn't think so.
It was like a year ago i had read about it. So the area could be off. But I thought i had read about sparrow having work done to it. Where is the MN/NS border up there?
  by sullivan1985

Steve F45 wrote:
nomis wrote:Steve, are you sure they were do do any work in Passenger territory? DRN doesn't think so.
It was like a year ago i had read about it. So the area could be off. But I thought i had read about sparrow having work done to it. Where is the MN/NS border up there?
Well, there is no border really as the Southern Tier from MP 31.3 to BD is owned by NS. Metro-North is just a tenant.

The end of Metro-North maintenace territory is CP SPARROW, as well as NJT control. Everything west is leased to NYSW(CNYK) and controlled by Cooperstown.
  by DutchRailnut

tenant ?? leased with full option to buy, so its a little more than just a tenant.
  by SecaucusJunction

Might as well just sell it. I don't see NS running more trains than MN on the line for a very very long time.
  by sullivan1985

DutchRailnut wrote:tenant ?? leased with full option to buy, so its a little more than just a tenant.
The tenant in my condo has the option to buy, yet they haven't. Thus making them a tenant. Moving on...
  by DutchRailnut

Are you on such in , that you know what MTA is doing ?? answer no.
  by DutchRailnut

Why do you think MN is improving line if they do not have any stake in it.
it sure as hell is not NJT or NS money being spend.
  by sullivan1985

DutchRailnut wrote:Why do you think MN is improving line if they do not have any stake in it.
it sure as hell is not NJT or NS money being spend.
I'm not arguing that. Metro-North is responsible for the maintenance of the railroad. I simply stated that Metro-North is a tenant on Norfolk Southern. If there is a standing option to buy, Metro-North hasn't executed it yet, and if they have it hasn't been publicly announced. You seem to be getting upset over this so maybe you can fill us in on whats going on instead of arguing over terminology.
  by DutchRailnut

the buy option is part of Lease , there has been no changes to it .
  by nomis

So now that we got what a lease and an option to buy figured out ... Let's get back to more important questions of how this new SPARROW and WX signal progression would work out for eastbound trains if there is a Stop at WX. Restricting @ SPARROW ?
  by Backshophoss

Switches lined for the cripple track,with permission of the NYSW DS to hand throw the spring switch
and the cripple switch.
With a grade crossing in the middle of Sparrow,if no proceed signal at WX from NJT DS,that 3-headed
Automatic stays at stop(Gates stay up to allow traffic to cross).
  by sullivan1985

Backshophoss wrote:Switches lined for the cripple track,with permission of the NYSW DS to hand throw the spring switch
and the cripple switch.
With a grade crossing in the middle of Sparrow,if no proceed signal at WX from NJT DS,that 3-headed
Automatic stays at stop(Gates stay up to allow traffic to cross).
No gates at Eddy Farm Road. Just crossbucks. As for the switches, both spring switches are defaulted in the diverting position. A westbound train on Track 1 is pushing the points over on both turnouts.

http://sullivan1985.deviantart.com/art/ ... -156690514" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;