Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the past and present operations of the NYC Subway, PATH, and Staten Island Railway (SIRT).

Moderator: GirlOnTheTrain

#1278694  by runningwithscalpels

I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of from Worth St, 18th St, and 91st stations that I could use on my blog (with credit, obviously) as I am slowly pecking away at an tour of the Original IRT type thing, and obviously one can't tour these stations like City Hall.

I don't need anything extensive, just one or two from each station, and this may be a long shot.

You can PM me if you are able to help.
 #1278876  by runningwithscalpels

I've seen those - was merely wondering if anyone had any hanging around.

That site is a huge resource for this whole project for me.
 #1279842  by 4400Washboard

You can tour city hall by signing up for one of their trips hosted by the NYTM (Unless the NYPD stopped it). Or you can stick around on the 6 train after the last stop and look out the right hand side window (I suggest asking an MTA employee to do so though-I never stick on the train without asking one of them).

As for photos of the 18 Street station, here it is: http://untappedcities.com/2013/11/04/ny ... rt-6-line/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I took video passing by Worth and 18th a while ago but I don't know how blurry the videos are and how high quality they are.

So imvho, your best bet for making homemade photos are...

City hall is to sign up for a trip or give yourself a self-guided pass by of the station.
18 Street is to take a pass by yourself with a 6 train
Worth " " " " " " " " " " " "

If you are interested in all abandoned portions of the original subway you might want to check out:

Brooklyn Bridge side plats
14 Street side plats
72 street side plats
96 side plats
Brooklyn Bridge plat extensions
Bleecker Street plat extensions
 #1279945  by runningwithscalpels

I've already done City Hall both legitimately and via staying on the 6 train, and now so many people stay on at the end of the 6 before it loops uptown that I don't think asking is necessary. (I actually wrote about it LONG before I decided to undertake this project. If anything now that I have a better camera I want to go on the transit museum tour again, but that's low on my list of priorities at the moment.)

I've done Brooklyn Bridge and Bleecker Street already.

Primarily I'm looking for stuff for these particular stations because I'm not sure when the next time I'll be able to go down and shoot in-service stations. I know these posts are ones I'm gonna have to BS my way through, so might as well get them out of the way!
 #1280111  by runningwithscalpels

R36 Combine Coach wrote:NYTM just sponsored a tour of City Hall station on June 22. These tours are for members only and sell out, check NYTM calendar for future dates.
Like I said, low on my list of priorities at the moment since I've already been once - in fact the City Hall tour is 85% of why I even joined NYTM to begin with :)