Railroad Forums 

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1271558  by Publius Plunkett

That photo is an example of why rail yards should be closed to the public!! If that was an employee, he should be fired on the spot! I agree Camphor, he's an amateur. Probably some new guy wishing he was a Conductor!
 #1271601  by emfinite

nyandw,

Maybe if the photographer authorized you to use his photos on your site, you'd have an actual name to credit them.

Half of the photos on this thread and many on your site are mine. I have not been given credit nor do I know where you got them from. This is why I don't share my photography anymore.
 #1271683  by jhdeasy

452 Card wrote:The picture with the Empire State building is C secondary looking west from Dutch Kills Drawbridge. Where the building to the right is used to be Wheelspur Yard.
Would BLISS tower/cabin be just to the right and close behind the photographer, or at least nearby?
 #1271691  by Publius Plunkett

Emfinte haven't you noticed the photo of the potential TERRORIST at Speonk? And all your worried about is photo credits? You're an example of the decline of the moral fiber of this once GREAT nation!
 #1271693  by Liquidcamphor

Gentlemen, this discussion is way off topic. Emfinite, you're photographic skills have contributed immensely to the quality of this forum. But if you have a dispute with a forum member, please try to Private Message him. The person you are directing your post to has publicly asked for the photographers to Message their names to him so that he can properly credit the photos.

Mr. Plunkett, you sound completely off the wall. Now can you guys please talk about photos, locations and other arcana?
 #1271727  by RRJS3

More like morning than night, but whatever...beginning of the day at the end of the line.

Greenport, 5/18/14
 #1271959  by nyandw

Would BLISS tower/cabin be just to the right and close behind the photographer, or at least nearby?[/quote]

SE across the drawbridge Bliss Yard at east end of yard

http://www.trainsarefun.com/lirr/bliss/bliss.htm Bliss Information
LIRR D5060 at BLISS 01/24/08 Photo: Bernard Ente

http://www.trainsarefun.com/lirr/bliss/ ... intave.jpg
Dutch Kills to Greenpoint Ave 11-1960 Robert Emery map