Railroad Forums 

• Return of Crude to PAR?

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

#1256881  by jwhite07

Mr. Patrick, I'll look at my photos to be sure, but I think the tankers were loaded and headed inbound (makes sense, as an outbound move wouldn't have to stand offshore waiting for something). I have read that Irving gets a lot of inbound oil from Venezuela and the Middle East.
 #1256903  by CN9634

jwhite07 wrote:Mr. Patrick, I'll look at my photos to be sure, but I think the tankers were loaded and headed inbound (makes sense, as an outbound move wouldn't have to stand offshore waiting for something). I have read that Irving gets a lot of inbound oil from Venezuela and the Middle East.
Not no more.... more exports than imports now (finished product)
 #1256962  by murray83

This is true the new increased size pipe will help in shipping times with export

Also sorry should have included the barges in the feeder ships group although small peanuts in the overall picture the export in our own backyards from these small barges and tankers is an important part in Irving serving the northeast seaboard
 #1257082  by KEN PATRICK

look at the waterline of the ships. any orange showing? their empty. loaded tankers would show little freeboard midships.
thanks for the post. ken patrick