Railroad Forums 

• Short lines in the US

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#122127  by Akduke

Is there any place on the net that I can find a list of short lines in the US? I am going to start sending out resumes this coming winter and I would like to know what and where my options are. I am a locomotive electrician currently working for the Alaska Railroad.

#124545  by CSX Conductor

Not sure about the other Class I's, but CSXT has a link on their web-site that lists short-lines that they interchange with. :wink:

#124583  by Akduke

Thanks for the info!
 #125080  by GOLDEN-ARM

ANOTHER PLACE TO LOOK, IS WWW.RRB.GOV. THEY SHOW AVAILABLE JOBS, AND HAVE A LIST OF RAILROADS, WITH WEBSITES, AND JOB POSTINGS, AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN. YOU MIGHT ALSO CONSIDER BUYING A COPY OF THE "BOOMERS BIBLE", THE "POCKET LIST OF RAILROAD OFFICIALS". PUBLISHED 4 TIMES A YEAR, IT HAS EVERY RAILROAD, PASSENGER CARRIER AND EQUIPMENT LESSOR IN THE U.S., CANADA AND MEXICO. ALL ADDRESSES, NAMES, PHONE NUMBERS FOR EVERY ROAD IS THERE, ALONG WITH MILEAGE, EQUIPMENT ROSTERS, ETC. (DON'T GO BOOMING, WITHOUT IT) TRY WWW.CBIZMEDIA.COM, AND WWW.RAILRESOURCE.COM FOR ACCESS TO THIS COMPANIES SITE. GOOD LUCK !