Railroad Forums 

• Athearn Blue Box SW1500 Parts

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1149011  by Cadet57

Have a "newer" Athearn blue box SW1500 i've been slowly working on. Unfortunately, somehow between sitting in storage for 6 months and a move to my workbench this past weekend I lost two of the side frames and the handrails. Anyone know of a source to find replacements for these? Ebay doesn't have any at the moment, and I'd rather not buy a whole unit just for a few parts.
 #1149382  by Backshophoss

You might be able to find a parts "donor" at a local "Swap and Sell" type show or "consignment bin" at your local hobby shop.
If you still have the "parts sheet",you could write/e-mail Horizen Hobby(they own and sell Athearn) and request replacement parts.
Worse case,they might ask for a copy of the recept.
Just state in your request the parts are missing.
Had parts missing from a AC4400 model,sent in the request via my local hobby shop,got replacements-no charge.
 #1152568  by glennk419

Cadet57 wrote:Have a "newer" Athearn blue box SW1500 i've been slowly working on. Unfortunately, somehow between sitting in storage for 6 months and a move to my workbench this past weekend I lost two of the side frames and the handrails. Anyone know of a source to find replacements for these? Ebay doesn't have any at the moment, and I'd rather not buy a whole unit just for a few parts.
Do you have the part number that you are looking for? I have a couple sets of SW1500 side frame sets, Athearn PN 39020 new in the bag that I ordered in error a while back.

PM me if those are what you are looking for.