Railroad Forums 

• Model Railroad Black Friday Sales

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1107803  by acelaphillies

Hey does anyone know of Black Friday sales that are running?

I know the Amtrak e-store will be running sales
Amtrak Ink wrote:with savings of up to 40 percent off MSRP on model trains beginning Black Friday, November 23 through Cyber Monday, November 26...Among the models available are the super popular Heritage P42 locomotives at the deepest discount ever on these exclusive models! No discount codes are required and discount codes will not be accepted during this sale. Prices will automatically be adjusted during the four-day sale
If you want a heritage Genesis loco I would say now is the time!

I'm hoping for Black Friday sales from IMW... *hint, hint Joe* :)
 #1107826  by umtrr-author

I expect most dealers will be offering an additional zero percent discount on Black Friday.

Specialty stores really don't get into this madness-- I mean heavy door-buster discounting.

However, I fondly recall the Day After Christmas sales at Two Guys, the discount department store chain that was principally located in parts of the Northeast. (The last Two Guys closed by 1982.) There are still plenty of items on eBay that still sport the Two Guys discount stickers!
 #1108221  by jmp883

Two Guys....now that's a blast from the past! I remember the Christmas of 1975. I got a no-name brand train set that had a bicentennial painted Plymouth diesel switcher, 3 freight cars, and a caboose. I also got a LOT of die-cast cars. One of the many die-cast cars I got was a tractor-trailer from Majorette that had a blue cab-over tractor and a white box trailer marked for Two Guys! Boy I wish I still had that! Actually I do have it in a photograph. I'm proudly displaying it balanced on my robe-clad forearm just after unwrapping it and tearing it out of its blister pack!

On topic, I've never seen a hobby shop offer any Black Friday deals. Maybe the online hobby shops do. Even stores like Toys-R-Us and other general department stores don't usually offer deals on any model railroad items they may carry. So far the best deal I've seen on model railroad items during the holidays is just free shipping.
 #1108646  by umtrr-author

My father still has one of those Two Guys tractor-trailers, proudly displayed on his HO Layout. I don't think it's quite 1:87, but so what...

An eBay seller has been offering Classic Metal Works box trucks in various custom schemes. You can guess which one I was all over! So with a heavy application of Rule #1, there is an N Scale Two Guys box truck parked at a loading dock in the middle of the Adirondacks in 1963. (A Bambergers and an Eatons truck as well. I did draw the line at Crazy Eddie.)
 #1108867  by jetfan

acelaphillies wrote:Hey does anyone know of Black Friday sales that are running?

We are running specials, but only if you are on our mailing list.
 #1108876  by acelaphillies

jetfan wrote:
acelaphillies wrote:Hey does anyone know of Black Friday sales that are running?

We are running specials, but only if you are on our mailing list.
Ok, cool. I signed up for your mailing list a few months ago but have never recieved any emails so I am not sure if it is working for me. Should I try to sign-up again?

I also had another question for you Joe. On your website under HO scale news it says you will be releasing an updated version of the Multis in the near future. Are these the Bombardier Multilevels used by NJT? And if so, can you give more information on this release?
 #1108933  by jetfan

The Multi's are an articulated 5 car subway set used until the late 60's. We have no plans to update the Bombardier Multi Levels as there is no need to, the cars were designed from drawings provided by both NJT and Bombardier. As for the list, email me directly and I will confirm that you are on the list, we sent out the special this morning.
Thanks,
Joe
Island Modelworks LLC
 #1108941  by acelaphillies

jetfan wrote:The Multi's are an articulated 5 car subway set used until the late 60's. We have no plans to update the Bombardier Multi Levels as there is no need to, the cars were designed from drawings provided by both NJT and Bombardier. As for the list, email me directly and I will confirm that you are on the list, we sent out the special this morning.
Thanks,
Joe
Island Modelworks LLC
Alright that makes sense about the Multi's. I have seen pictures of your Bombardier Multilevels and like you said they didn't look like they needed "updating" that's why I was confused.