Railroad Forums 

• 10/03/85 runaway, Michigan

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#882251  by Watchman318

Remember the episode on "Rescue 911" where a couple of runaway freight cars nailed an automobile at a grade crossing? A Michigan State Trooper got aboard the first car and spun the handbrakes on before the automobile got folded through a bridge?

The FRA records indicate it was CSX track, and I read that the cars might have "escaped" from Novi, MI. Does anyone know if that was ever determined to be from vandalism? Was there a lawsuit filed against the railroad over that?
 #1067680  by Watchman318

I'd forgotten how long ago I posted this question. Actually, I forgot I had posted it.

Hello? Is this thing on? {Tap-tap-tap}
{BUMP}
 #1068489  by Watchman318

Thanks, that's more info than I had before. (Spelling of names, etc.)

That situation could have been even worse than it was. The reenactment for the TV show was pretty scary to watch. I keep thinking it was kind of a stroke of luck for the trooper to find a brake wheel where he climbed aboard.