Railroad Forums 

• Activity in Cohocton?

• Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.
Discussion pertaining to the past and present operations of the LAL, the WNYP, and the B&H. Official site: LALRR.COM.

Moderator: Luther Brefo

#901656  by Lehighton_Man

Hey guys,

Was contemplating going down to Cohocton today to see if anything was going on, eventually decided against it. (Now kicking myself in the butt for that)
Is there anything new going on down there worth checking out?
Thanks.
 #1024004  by s4ny

I don't think there is anything going on in Cohocton.
 #1026085  by scottychaos

Whats going on in Cohocton is basically the same thing that has been going on in Cohocton for the past 10 years! ;)
The big Cartier Alcos have come and gone several times, today only the last two remain..

Three locos are sitting outside, the two C636 demonstrators (3660 and 77) and B&H #4.
Three more locomotives are stored in the enginehouse when not in use..
B&H 5 is kept in the enginehouse, I caught her outside and idling on Feb 17th! so she is currently operational.
And two road units, currently 423 and 424. (I think..)

On Fridays a road train leaves Cohocton for Painted Post usually fairly early in the morning, 8am or so,
then is back in the afternoon..(I think they run one train a day, Cohocton to Painted Post and back, Monday - Friday.)
usually nothing going on weekends, except you can catch the three Alcos outside..saw them today in fact! :)

Scot
 #1026493  by joshuahouse

422 went through Bath this morning headed towards Painted Post. There was another locomotive with 422 but I didn't catch the #. If anyone wants to see the removal of the grain elevator at M.J. Wards they need to get here soon, work is underway as I type this up. I'll cross post that to the main NY State page in case someone with an interest in grain elevators pops their head in in the next 48 hours or so.