Railroad Forums 

• Post Amtrak Videos and Photos Here

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1401552  by jhdeasy

John_Perkowski wrote:Is that by Bear Mountain Bridge?
No, that is the George Washington Bridge. I think there is a railroad CP named MARTHA almost directly below the bridge. Bear Mountain Bridge is located about 35 miles north of there in the Highlands of the Hudson.
 #1409052  by Gilbert B Norman

Gilbert B Norman (from another topic) wrote:I presume Deadhead, Mr. Fan Railer.

Maybe for static crew training at SSY, but more likely than not, Ms. Matos and her gang will have a NB photo-op from their hideout, and Mr. EL3601 will have one WB along the Chemung River on his namesake road.
Ms.Matos, possibly your gang can get a tip off if "Annapolis" is to be on it's way back to Elmira.

addendum: it appears that the gang videoed 68001 "Annapolis" from their hideout, rather than 8400 "Indianapolis" as Ms. Matos immediately reported. Mr. Moore notes that Amtrak hauled it up from Hialeah simply for the benefit of bigwigs to take a joyride "up the River" - oh, and maybe show it off to some Pols while there.
Last edited by Gilbert B Norman on Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1409056  by Greg Moore

If it is, it's going the wrong way since it's headed south here and the word is it's on one of the Silver trains this afternoon.

Apparently there were some bigwigs on the ride up to Albany but I have NO more information than that.
 #1411052  by monica012077

12/03/16 Here is a video of Amtrak Empire Service 244 playing a sweet tune through Peekskill on P32AC-DM 714 two years ago. Caught the same engineer again this summer on the same engine leading the same train playing the same tune(Amtrak plays a melody)! Uncanny lol. Enjoy.