Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by 9C1LT1

Hi Everyone,

My friend was riding train 410, the train that "broke down" this morning at Shea. Does anyone know What happened? I think train 412 took the passengers from 410. I'm guessing train 410 was an M-7...

-Barry

by NIMBYkiller

What time was this?

by One of One-Sixty

I do not know if this effects that area but there is supposedly some down power lines or trees along a LIRR route around Rt 110

by badneighbor

i highly doubt downed power lines in Farmingdale would affect LIRR operations in Port Wash-Queens. Also... think... power outage wouldn't kill one M-7 and allow another to run right next to it.... :wink:

by One of One-Sixty

badneighbor wrote:i highly doubt downed power lines in Farmingdale would affect LIRR operations in Port Wash-Queens. Also... think... power outage wouldn't kill one M-7 and allow another to run right next to it.... :wink:
I keep thinking Port Wash is further east....... :(

by Clemuel

Train 410 experienced brake problems at Woodside. It was an M-7 which could not exceed ten miles per hour with the problem. Passengers were put on Train 412 at Woodside and Train 410's equipment was taken to LIC.
Clem

by NIMBYkiller

Just heard on the scanner, more problems on the Port Wash. Another equipment problem of some sort.

by Clemuel

Train 433 had some sort of equipment trouble which delayed it a half hour. This is guaranteed to mess up the single track tonight unless they cancel something.

by NIMBYkiller

You mean 423's air leak?