Railroad Forums 

• Poll: Favorite MBTA passenger locomotive of all time?

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1456434  by jaymac

Screamahs -- treat'em with malign neglect, beat'em with a stick, and they still run all these decades later.

On a side note, all upper managers in the T branch of MassDOT should get HSP tattoos on their foreheads. That way, every time those of the upper echelons look in a mirror they get reminded of the folly of being among the earlier acquirers of new technologies. Let other systems be the lab rats.
 #1456701  by ziggyzack1234

I'm going to have to say the GP40MC.

I love the way it looks. It says "No matter what, I'll get there". It does it's best, and while it breaks down sometimes, for a locomotive run hard in harsh conditions (mainly MA and Canadian winters) for 45 years it does a damn fine job.

It's the small things. How if you listen close you can hear that 645 throttle up under the buzz of the HEP engine. The HEP exaust cover bouncing up and down as the train idles at a station...

I'm going to stop before this turns into the love letter to an inanimate object you can tell it's going to be.

Least favorite, MP36. Just plain ugly IMO.