• Photos of the AMT Deux-Montagnes line

• General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.
General discussion of passenger rail systems not otherwise covered in the specific forums in this category, including high speed rail.

Moderators: mtuandrew, gprimr1

by M&Eman

I have not been able to find any pictures of the MU's on this line. I heard they have an interesting door setup. Could someone provide me with pics?

by Irish Chieftain

The MU in question is called the Bombardier MR-90. The end doors are for low platforms only and are plug doors; the center doors are for high platforms only and are sliding doors. Here's 408 in the lead on a train at Mont Royal. The MR-90 replaced these CN MUs, and also heavyweight trailer cars hauled by these boxcabs from 1914 that were retired in 1995 (81-year service life, yes).

PS. Railpictures has a nasty habit of trying to send you spyware.
Last edited by Irish Chieftain on Mon May 29, 2006 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by M&Eman

What's the voltage on this line?

by Irish Chieftain

It's 25kV 60Hz. It was upgraded from DC catenary wire (3kV DC before AC upgrade; 2400V DC originally). Kinda reminds me of NJT's upgrade of the Hoboken Division's catenary system. This page has a whole history of the line...