• Photo Ban Announcement (Fox 5 News, 5/22)

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Lirr168

According to a story that aired on the Fox 5 News at 6, the MTA and NYPD have decided that there should NOT be a photo or video ban on MTA property becuase it "makes no sense." However, MTA Police/NYPD still "reserve the right to aggressively question anyone taking pictures on property." 'Tis a small victory...

-kyle

by DutchRailnut

Just remember this is just about MTA subways.

by M1 9147

Its about time that this has finally turned public. Yes, I do agree that the MTA is doing the right thing to ensure safety, and by all means if we are all harrassed to speak to the PO in a professional matter without any hassle. In my regard doing photo's for over 11, or so years, nobody can question me on how I do things. And in regards to safety, I am without doubt very careful in what I do.

by Long Island 7285

AND THE KEYWORD IS!!!!!!!
"reserve the right to aggressively question anyone taking pictures on property."
Meaining in a nice way. if they dont want u taking pictures railfan or not, they will procede and have the right to procede to remove you from the properity with force.

i cant beleive you guys are letting the defication hit the rotart osslator.

there is no victory till we the railfan community become friendly with the PD(s) to aid them in the eyes and ears of SAFETY and SECURITY.
TEAM WORK, and thats somthing a railroad would not run with out.

aggressively- (in MTA terms)
is any thing from "im removeing you ass from the properity" "hand over your camera" Common ur going to the
slammer"

Thats the statement borked down. unless you can prove otherwise with hard evidance, what i just stated stands.

by Long Island 7285

Pleases me to see that no one is objecting my beak down of the origional post. :-D