• Pets on Amtrak - New Law in Congress

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

by David Benton

JoeBas wrote:Not to mention that NO Amtrak trip scheduled for 8 hours has EVER been delayed somewhere by, oh, say, a derailment. Or a trespasser incident. Or heck, even a good old fashioned breakdown.

Walk fluffy down to the ballast? Yeah, good luck with that.
Dogs like exercise, but going without it for a few hours is not going to hurt them. remember the passengers would also be stuck in thier seats by and large.
  by Greg Moore

I don't think his point was exercise as much as bladder and bowel relief. Passengers at least can use a toilet.
  by Nicholas Chen

Pets are now being allowed on certain Northeast Regional and Downeaster trains
Amtrak announced today passengers will be able to travel with their small pets from Boston to Lynchburg, Newport News and Norfolk, VA on the Northeast Regional service and between Boston and Brunswick, Maine on the Downeaster route. Reservations are now available for travel beginning Monday, October 12.
After a successful launch of its pets program in Illinois, Amtrak decided to bring this highly anticipated pilot program to passengers traveling along the Northeast Corridor and New England.
  by Jishnu

Greg Moore wrote:I don't think his point was exercise as much as bladder and bowel relief. Passengers at least can use a toilet.
Since I have seen many pet dogs and cats make it in the passenger cabin from Newark to Delhi on the non stop 15 hour flight on a United 777-200ER without causing any mess, I suspect that the pet owners have that issue figured out.