Railroad Forums 

• Penn Station mobility assistance

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1625948  by boblothrope

What's the best place to get dropped off by car near Penn Station for someone with mobility issues? Which entrance is closest to where you can find a redcap who could provide a wheelchair, or just help with bags and get early access to the train? I don't suppose there's any way for a redcap to meet you at the curb?

I have some experience with the station, but not since Moynihan opened.

https://moynihantrainhall.nyc/discover/directory has a redcap icon in the ticketed waiting room at the east end of Moynihan, but it doesn't say where the waiting room entrance is. Would 31st/8th and 33rd/8th be equally convenient?
 #1625957  by CNJGeep

If you go into Penn Station, not Moynihan, at 31/8 the redcap desk is more or less at the bottom of the escalator. I'm not sure where the redcap desk is at Moynihan
 #1625990  by andrewjw

Moynihan is much friendlier to mobility issues than the old place. Enter at 31st and 8th and there's a long ramp down to the main hall, turn right into the main hall, and on your right (the east wall) will be the main waiting area, which has red caps towards the right (south) side of the waiting area.