Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by cpontani

I haven't been on here in a while. Just a quick question...the daily parking garage on the south side of the tracks at Mineola...does it fill up during weekdays after the morning rush? I only need one... :P I figure it's my best bet for daily non-permit parking between Huntington and the City.

Thanks in advance!
  by SlackControl

Is Cold Spring Harbor permit parking? Looks like that station has ample parking. I think there are usually a few empty spaces throughout the day towards the outer edges of the parking lot throughout the day.
  by SwingMan

Parking usually fills up with only a few spaces left in the back of the upper level corner usually. Sometimes you get lucky and snag one on one of the middle levels, but there are usually enough. Hope this helps.
  by Morisot

I like to park at the small, self-service, Mineola municipal lot behind Fox's -- just where the Oyster Bay Branch curves into the mainline. You pay a quarter per half-hour and get a ticket to put on your car dashboard. The machine takes credit cards or quarters. And I have never had a problem getting a space there. Entrances to the lot are on 2nd Street and on Main Street.
  by num1hendrickfan

Depending on the time of year and how busy it is, the Intermodal garage fills up around 9:00-9:30 am. This is most apparent in the winter time, as there's fewer spots available due to snow removal. Parking is particularly bad at the moment, as the Winthrop Employee garage is undergoing construction, and thus parking there is limited. Those who can't park in the employee garage for that week either opt for a shuttle service ( offered by the hospital ), street parking, or one of the many municipal parking lots ( including the Intermodal garage ).

As such I'd recommend arriving anywhere between 7:00-8:15 am if you want a guaranteed spot in the Mineola Intermodal garage.
  by robertwa

There are always the meters along Station road and 6th, 7th and 8th Aves. south and west of the station. It's 25 cents per half-hour and they give you up to 12 hours.