• Pan Am Southern / Patriot Corridor Discussion

• Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,
Pan Am Southern (webssite: https://panamsouthern.com ) is jointly-owned by CSX and Norfolk Southern, but operated by Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary Pittsburg & Shawmut dba Berkshire and Eastern,

Moderator: MEC407

by MEC407

David Eade posted this photo:

http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?pho ... 623131.jpg

Also, if you go to the "New" Mechanicville Intermodal Yard thread, there is a news article that includes some video footage of the NS - Pan Am press conference.
  by boatsmate

May be related to the New Corridor or not, Today @ 1115 I spoted a survey crew and New survey marks zt the crossing at Burncoat st in Worcester. on the P&W side of the crossing. marks go back about 15 to 20 feet along the right of way that I could see. could not look to long as there where cars behind me and that is a bad grade crossing so you need to go slow across it.
  by FatNoah

I'm not sure who Alex is, but he'd better be ready to field some calls from lawyers regarding his domain name.
  by MEC407

Most likely it'll be his parents who end up dealing with the lawyers. Sucks for them...
  by bwparker1

I am not up to chase on domain law... isn't he legally entitled to purchase this? Isn't it PanAm Southern that will be shelling out some $$$$$ if they want to use it?

BWP
  by b&m 1566

He's using the Pan Am Southern name which I'm sure is already a registered name. The fact that he has titled his website in their name without permission could get him in some trouble.
  by Hux

Domain name squatting, or cybersquatting is generally frowned upon and the courts will uphold the rights of the entity whose brand name (even when not a registered trademark) is being used by someone else.
  by Otto Vondrak

LET THIS BE A WARNING TO ALL PARENTS: Make sure you keep track of your kid's internet activity before they go register random domains and incur the wrath of multi-million dollar corporations. Have you seen what this smart ass has posted on his site? Glad this kid's not my problem... ;-)

-otto-
  by Cosmo

Otto Vondrak wrote:LET THIS BE A WARNING TO ALL PARENTS:
Have you seen what this smart ass has posted on his site?
-otto-
Not yet, but I'm gonna go look!

(Listen for LOUD noises from CT!) :wink:
  by Hux

He and his buddies have a better web site for their railroad than the one whose name they are using. I suppose there are worse things he could be doing. :wink:
  by Cosmo

Hux wrote:He and his buddies have a better web site for their railroad than the one whose name they are using. I suppose there are worse things he could be doing. :wink:
Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................... but!

I dig he's only having fun and all, and it's not like he's actually expressing any sort of Anti-PanAm opinions on his site or anything,...
again,... BUT!

Heck,..
serve's PAR right for just leaving thier doman name just lying around where any ol kid can pick it up and walk off with it.
That's why I always lock my car doors when I park. :wink:
  by NaugMOW

Lets play nice now everyone, he is a very active member on this forum after all...
  by b&m 1566

He is a very active member on this site but he needs to realize what he has done is not a smart move. He's playing with fire and there's no rhyme or reason for it. What he thinks is funny now, may not be so funny when it’s brought to Pan Am or NS attention.