Railroad Forums 

• NYSW current passenger roster and rolling stock.

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#466995  by Steve F45

Can someone provide me with information about the NYSW current passenger cars. Looking for some pics of cars that I have not seen listedon rrpicurearchives.net. Also what kind of cars do the nysw use as officers in NJ? Are they regular box cars?

Trying to see if its possible to piece together a passenger set for nysw. Most if not all will need to be painted and detailed a lil better. But finding the E9's will bethe harder task.

#471760  by PVRX1

This is a few years old, and lacks builder info, but maybe helpfull to you:

Former LIRR cars: (now property of NYSWT&HS)
500 souvineer and snack bar car
530-536 coaches

Former Auto Train cars:
501-506 dome coach
507 diner - buffet
508 diner
509 thearter window rear obs. dome
510 baggage

Stainless Steel coaches:
520-524 coach

heavyweight coaches:
CACV 2 rear obsv. business car "Franklin Lakes", exEL #2
CACV 4 rear obsv. business car "Otsego lake", exPRR
CACV 5 vista dome "Great Sacandaga", exCB&Q
CACV 6 sleeper "Lake Wallenpaupack"
CACV 7 diner exD&H
CACV 8 combine "Goodyear Lake", exCNJ
CACV 9 coach "Canadarago Lake", exCNJ

#471803  by Steve F45

I know 510 is, well was W.R's personal observation car. Thats the one im trying to model when it arrives.

going by this list i didn't know it was this extensive. What are the old metra cars under?

#472757  by PVRX1

As far as I know, the Metra cars are all owned by the NYS&W Technical & Historical Society group.

#472849  by Steve F45

thanks. i looked thru my nysw from shortlines to stackpacks book and it has a lot of the cars, but im not sure how many nysw still owns. it shows to observatin cars, 1 streamlined observation car and several other heavyweights. I actually emailed NYSW themselves to see if they could help me out a lil bit.