Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by Robert Paniagua

The best thing also is not to carry any police scanner so that if anyone asks why I'm bringing it, they won't think I'm a terrorist by trait.

I also have a scanner myself (portable) and I bought it once to WMATA DC and sure enough heard my call come over so I had to change locations. That's why I not bring it here in NYC so that I don't get ratted out, now with all this hoopla going on.

I just tell them streight out and volenteer my bag for a serch. I find that being honost and telling them as it is leaves less need for suspission. thats if i get asked for a serch.

That's what I did last summer whenn the MBTA Boston was conducting searches, I decided to offer them to search my stuff and that's what I'd do there in New York also, just to "eliminate" one more person.

by Long Island 7285

I DO NOT go out looking to meet the cops,

thats what I DO when they come to visit me.
STOP HERE
( re read the above if you dont under stand me)

when a cop aproches me i get ready to show my id. its a juster to them that im prepared to meet them and that i have no problem with them confronting me as its there job, i try to gain respect from them that way. there has been some times that i wound up causally talking to the cop and he was cool about me fanning there.

and cooprpoation with the authorities is the best thing you can do. im not going to stand there and blast him, he is only doing whats right. if one gets nasty for no aparant reason, then i will state that to him or her and ask kindly for respect back, if not, then i get there badge number and name and let him have it by fileing multipal complaints till i get a reasonable responce. but luckly is has not come down to that.

STOP HERE:
(if you did not under stand re read, if still not understanding send me a PM in detail of what u miss understood)

by Robert Paniagua

Well Mr. 7285,

I DO understand what you're trying to say. That's nice of you to offer the officers your name and the like when they approach you, and I'm glad that while railfanning that you also get to positively interact with Transit Police, that's totally understandable.