Railroad Forums 

• Norfolk Southern Hiring Sessions

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#101274  by prrfore

Just been to my second hiring session in two weeks, for Conductor Trainee. Two weeks ago I filled out the application and took the first test. When I was done I was given a invite to come back the following week for more testing and than I was selected along with 7 others for a interview. But after the interview I didn't receive a phone call within 24 hours, out of luck I guess. Today I went to my second hiring session, filled out the application, same as before, but when I was done I was not given a paper to come back in a week. So it looks like I'm out of luck. So are these applications held and do they call from them later to hire from? This was in the Harrisburg area for Norfolk Southern. They said prior that the Harrisburg area is different in that they are busy and there is no slow down for this time of year. And they also project 75% of the people there to retire by mid-year. Thanks for any info.

#101305  by KarlJ

[deleted]
Last edited by KarlJ on Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#105576  by Jman

Be sure to Keep trying. I went to 5 Hiring sessions, and on the 5th session I made it through. I start school down in McDonough Ga Monday so I'm excited. :-D

#105671  by Fatal

Jman wrote:Be sure to Keep trying. I went to 5 Hiring sessions, and on the 5th session I made it through. I start school down in McDonough Ga Monday so I'm excited. :-D
Big congrats to you! Hopefully this will be a lesson for others trying to get on with the railroad. Never give up! Stay safe out there!