Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by Rbts Stn

truck6018 wrote:
pnaw10 wrote: even though tickets may be "given" to teams, anyone anywhere can use Ticketmaster or StubHub.
I just checked Ticketmaster and Stub Hub and the minimum price for one ticket is over $3,000. Most sellers are making you buy a minimum of 2 tickets. How many people do you know that are going to drop that much money?
In NYC? Tens of thousands of people who need to check "Super Bowl" off of their bucket list.
  by RearOfSignal

Looking at the January 18th weekend schedules there will be added trains on the Hudson and New Haven lines for Superbowl Saturday? Why would they add trains on Saturday not Sunday? Anyone care to explain? Either way for timetable collectors this would be a must.
  by SwingMan

Not sure but it's probably for the pre-SB events in the city.
  by lirr42

The festivities include more than just the game itself (i.e. Super Bowl boulevard near Times Square, etc.)
  by 7express

Most of the people come in from out of state anyways. I doubt there are many Seahawks, Broncos, or Niners fans in Connecticut and why waste equipment to only please a handful of individuals??
  by Backshophoss

It should be noted that the gang at "Bud Light" is leasing a cruise ship for the Super Bowl for
some contest winners to be berthed in Manhatten,they might get a bus shuttle from the ship to the game and back
  by DutchRailnut

MN ran a few extra trains with bussing from GCT for ticket holders to stadium.
  by MNR's #1 Conductor

I was approached by my crew dispatcher asking if I would be available for possible Super Bowl Meadowlands direct NH to NJ service(s). But was told as well there was a likelihood it would not run due to concerns from NJT about any equipment used being back in NJ for the next days' morning rush services. More than likely that was a big part of the reason why no service was run. Plus it would be a push on the MNR crews who are qualified on the Hell Gate to Penn for the service, because many of them work early on Monday AM, engineers, conductors and trainmen, and that would more than likely equal A LOT of HOS-related mark-offs. Given I am off Sun/Mon, I am more than able to have worked such a service.

But again, with crew concerns plus NJT's concerns about equipment availability for the next mornings' rush hour are the big reasons why there service did not run, and as someone here mentioned in a related post, the service is only run for the 1 PM regular season games. With games that have start times of 4 pm and even 8 pm, even on a regular season game, there are concerns about the equipment being back in NJ in time for the next days' rush hour.
  by MNR's #1 Conductor

RearOfSignal wrote:Looking at the January 18th weekend schedules there will be added trains on the Hudson and New Haven lines for Superbowl Saturday? Why would they add trains on Saturday not Sunday? Anyone care to explain? Either way for timetable collectors this would be a must.
The Super Bowl Boulevard venue in Midtown Manhattan at Times Square had some big goings-on the day before Super Bowl Sunday. And since it wrapped up that weekend, turn-out was HUGE from what was reported, along with the relatively nice weather that was on that weekend.