Discussion relating to the operations of MTA MetroNorth Railroad including west of Hudson operations and discussion of CtDOT sponsored rail operations such as Shore Line East and the Springfield to New Haven Hartford Line

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, nomis, FL9AC, Jeff Smith

by DutchRailnut

As of tonight all ACMU's are listed as spare only, with no scheduled trains using them. No more runs on Hudson, and two trains as spare status in North White plains. If not enough M1/3 or M7's available the ACMU';s can be used on following trains cycles.
528-2523
or 516-573
or 522-359-2360-577
  by Kurt

Glad I caught a ride Thursday night, on the evening express to Scarsdale. The lead car was 1102, and boy did I forget how much they bounced around. How much longer will they be held in NWP as spares?.

by DutchRailnut

The car numbering on M-7's is up to 4105 as highest that I have seen, and aleady M1's are being retired. MNCR will need one set of ACMU's for the Dec 5th excursion, but I personaly believe the ACMU 's won't see any more service even as spares as more M7's come online weekly.

by MarkW

I rode the 6:35 to North White Plains today and it was 1100's.

North 1119, 1148, 1166, 1105, 1130, 1102, 1123 South

Mark

by Nester

I saw a consist of 1100s on track 24 at about 6:30 on 10/4. This may or may not be the train that MarkW is talking about. It struck me as odd because I read this message earlier in the day. It was also odd because one of the vestibules had the doors open on both sides....

Nester

by DutchRailnut

The two sets can be used , but are not scheduled to be used , they do not show as regular power on Equiopment cycle sheets anymore.

by AlM

Saw an trainset this morning inbound at Hartsdale at 7:40.

I guess the spares are still needed.

by MarkW

Yes Nester, That was them.
  by Kurt

Saw a set on Track 34 led by 1102, as I was arriving last nite. I believe in was to depart at 7:02pm to North White Plains. Maybe the spare status will take couple of days to go into effect.

by Terrapin Station

Nice photo.

I'm going over to GCT now to see if they are on train #573, the 18:35 to NWP. If the ACMU's are there, I'm going for a ride, baby! Maybe I'll even stick around to see what shows up for the #577 (19:02), but I don't know.

by Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station wrote:Nice photo.

I'm going over to GCT now to see if they are on train #573, the 18:35 to NWP. If the ACMU's are there, I'm going for a ride, baby! Maybe I'll even stick around to see what shows up for the #577 (19:02), but I don't know.
Turns out neither train was made up of ACMU's :(