• NJT Rail forum - now & then

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by Irish Chieftain

Well, I've got a talent for killing monsters... :P

BTW, I found the original RRNET (when hosted by Bluemoon.net) on a search involving the Newark-Elizabeth light rail proposals. Featured on the old NJ Railfan forum too.

by sullivan1985

damn those animals! lol...::kidding of course::

Our NJT fourm must remain dominant!

by JLo

I've always been JLo, well before the large butted Ms. Lopez tried to steal my moniker.

by BlockLine_4111

I was BlockLine_4111 in the prior system and BigBlue11 in the one before that. IIRC Irish Chieftan and TriStateTom have been with us for a long time too.

by arrow

I remember finding the original forum (the one before the last one) by just looking for arrow III stuff on google. Once I found it and saw how much information was on it that interested me I was hooked!

I am amazed now looking back that they didn't require a password to post for any username, I guess that's one of the reasons it's no longer here.

by BigDell

I'm sorry...
I simply feel I need to contribute...

Amtrak IS catching up...

NJT forum must rule...

Must rule...

Ummm...lets see.... I like trains. Okay, there we go. My 2 cents.
Lets beek Amtrak.
:-o

BigDell

by Jtgshu

I think I first found this site in 1999, or early 2000. I guess 3 versions ago?

I actually have to thank railroad.net in one version or another for my job on the railroad, in really peaking my interest in the railroads, and it made me decide that I really wanted to do this as my career choice (i was probably a junior in college at this point in time). Dialog with people who actually worked on the railroad and talking to them and find out where i had to go, and what i had to do to get a job on the railroad (basically just fill out an application). I have actually i think learned more from this site about railroad operations, not just at NJT but in general and about how things actually work and the reasons behind them that from any kind of formal training that i received from teh railroad.

The railroad, espeically with trainmen, and probably engineers too, just sort of throw you out to the wolves. Of course they teach volumes more than they did in the past, but still no where near what you NEED to know and how to handle every situation. But that day will never come when a railroader will know all, but a good railroader will learn something every day, and add that to his bank of knowledge, adn that is what makes him a good railroader. When you think you know everything, (like people in management) that is the point then things start to go downhill, and stupid decisions are made, and in some cases, peoples and crews lives are put in danger.

This truely is a great site and resource, and learning tool, for railroaders and armchair railroaders alike.

by TAMR213

I remember I found the site in 2000 (the old, old forum). I've been TAMR213 for the duraion as well.

by Idiot Railfan

I said some pretty funny stuff on the earlier versions. At least I think so.

by JLo

LOL. IR, did you hurt back patting yourself on it so hard? :D

by Olton Hall

I don't remember what made me find the original forum. I'm sure I was looking for something and stumbled on it. I remember the flame wars that help bring that to an end. I only started posting on the last version about December 2002.

by Electrify the RVL!

I, like Irish, found the original forum when I Googled the Newark-Elizabeth light rail. I had just moved to Roselle and was interested about the fate of the CNJ mainline.

What was your forum name back then, Irish?

by nick11a

Electrify the RVL! wrote:What was your forum name back then, Irish?
According to Blocky, he's been here and has been called Irish Cheiftan for a long time.
BlockLine_4111 wrote:I was BlockLine_4111 in the prior system and BigBlue11 in the one before that. IIRC Irish Chieftan and TriStateTom have been with us for a long time too.
I wasn't here back then for ye olde olde RR.net. Just here for ye olde RR.net and the current one.

by CNJ

I like the NJT forum.....

And I haven't lived in Jersey since 1975... :wink:

And yes...I can vouch for the fact that Alan is in fact the one and only IrishChieftain.

by Tri-State Tom

" IIRC Irish Chieftan and TriStateTom have been with us for a long time too. "

Too long....I for one am getting old(er)....

Somebody dig me up and put me on the nose of the engine as a hood ornament on the first train west over the Lackawanna Cut-Off when it happens, will ya ?