• NJ Transit Set To Celebrate First Camden-Atlantic City Train

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

by chuchubob

njt4172 wrote:Jlo,

Is it possible to connect a NJT train from Camden on the SNJLRT to the Atlantic City line?

Steve
Yes. Northbound from Camden, the River LINE and Conrail are separated from each other as far Hatch interlocking in Pennsauken. They merge into a single track before going under the NJT Atlantic City line coming off the Delair Bridge.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/303 ... 4568vEtATK

A train running from Camden on the River LINE could reverse direction from the single track at Delair and enter Conrail, then reverse direction again and take Conrail's Pemberton Branch connection which uses NJT's AC line for a short distance.

by njt4172

NICE! Looks like everyone had lots of fun!

Now, when the heck is NJT gonna run special GHOST TRAINS? They gotta paint up their NJT engines into fallen flag railroads and borrow URHS & ex DL&W MU cars......They can have the ghosts of Ms. Phoebe Snow on board as well as the famous one-armed CNJ hookerman ghosts....

Steve

by nick11a

Geez Bob, you really make me feel bad I didn't go. It would be a bit of a trek but it seems like it was worth it! Great photos as usual and thanks for posting them.

by transit383

If they swapped the 5004 with the 5011, then that set would have been a solid five car set of Comet IIIs, almost unheard of nowadays.

by nick11a

transit383 wrote:If they swapped the 5004 with the 5011, then that set would have been a solid five car set of Comet IIIs, almost unheard of nowadays.
Tell me about it! I think they do stuff like that deliberately to drive folks like me crazy!

by Lakini717

Great pics Bob!! By the way... the conductor pictured in the photo makes THE BEST announcements.