Railroad Forums 

• NJ Transit GP40P Custom Project for sale

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

#1338043  by cnj1524

I have listed on ebay a custom project of an HO Scale NJT/CNJ GP40P,it is listed as cnj/nj dot gp40p because
someone made a complaint to NJT and ebay removed it so i cant use the word NJ Transit,so relisted it,contains
almost everything you need,Frame is athearn custom machined(spliced 2 gp40 frames together)machined down
athearn fuel tank and installed Atlas tank,machined down truck bolsters to fit atlas trucks,alot of parts,some parts
have been cut,hard part is done and that would be the frame,I also have a RTF IHP/athearn GP40FH-2 listed as well,
selling off as my layout project is full steam ahead(yes steam for those that know me its a shock)so i just dont have
the time to get these finished,also have custom microscale NJ Transit decals for sale(not on ebay)
 #1371082  by CNJ Fan 4evr

Right idea wrong scale. I'm trying to kitbash an O scale GP engine into a 40P. It will be shorter but I'm not getting too technical. It is only for me anyway. Cutting the pointed long hood end off will be the tricky part.The mounting holes are sooooo close I have to watch how close I cut it. I'm looking for a set of SD 45 radiator fins to use on it(with modifications of course). Hoping to come up with something on here or at Allentown in two weeks.