Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

by MetraF40C607

Ah, what the heck. A few of my Metra photos.

Roselle.

Geneva.

Wheaton.

LaFox.

Elgin.

Chicago.

Me, my g/f Megan, Kevin, and Erik in West Chicago.

by Tadman

Nice pics. You darn diesel fans always stir up my jealousy because you don't have catenary supports interfering with your pics... But seriously, the night pics are really cool, I'm trying to figure out how to take night shots of the el by my house.

by MetraF40C607

What kind of camera are you useing? I could potentially help you out with this. What kind of shot are you looking for, also?

by Tadman

It's a Fuji Finepix 3330 digital, and I'm not trying for anything specific - just out to try new things. Typicaly the train is on the Clybourn/Sheffield elevated structure, going south at about 30-40 mph. A good pic location is where it slows for the 45deg curve at Clybourn, because the train isn't moving quite as fast.

by MetraF40C607

Have you toyed with the night photo settings? How many seconds can you go to? Remember, for better lit areas, you use lesser seconds. For darker situations, you use more seconds. Also, can you change the F-Stop on your night settings?

by Milwaukee_F40C

A few of mine from several weeks ago, at Elgin and Geneva.
Excuse the quality (bad scanner).

by MetraF40C607

Nice photos Chris.

by metraRI

I'm noticing that Metra is adding an additional RTA logo to the rear of the F40's as they are repainted after rebuild... Is there any reason for this, or is Metra just changing things up a little?

by MACTRAXX

Good pictures guys! I really like the shots of Winnebago 211 at Union Station;the cab car and train at LaFox and the "Twins" shot of the MP36s. Keep'em coming and I thank you for watching METRA! MACTRAXX

by MetraBNSF

Not the best quality picture, but i took this one yesterday at Fairview Ave. in Downers Grove: