• NEW! LONG ISLAND RAILROAD Vol 3 in COLOR LIRR FACILITIES

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

by nyandw

Anyone purchased this book? Beside the fine photos; is it chock full of errors, mis-captions, incorrect info as the last 2 renditions?

Long Island Rail Road In Color Volume 3: Equipment Color Guide and Facilities by Arthur J. Erdman

Divided into two parts, this book first looks at the varied rolling stock used by the LIRR in freight, passenger and maintenance of way service. Its stations, towers, yards and other facilities are later toured in this 128-page all color book, mostly during the 1950-1980 era.
  by LIengineerBob

I think the book is still in pre-order status. There will also be a part 4 due in August. I have both pre-ordered myself, despite all the errors in the last two editions. The photos are fine, and I find it a challenge to locate all the errors!!

As a side note, did anyone else pick up the soft cover book on the F-M era on the LIRR?? It's a fine piece of work covering all the F-M units that the LIRR operated. I found no errors in the book at all. Best part was the price......$10.95!
  by REM3Night

I picked up a copy today. I took a quick spin thru and there are some great photos. I'm pleased with it!!!
Ray
  by JKTRR

@LIRRengineerBob.....Ref F-M book....pg 34....."S" Block Limit Station was EAST of Syosset, WEST of Cold Spring Harbor. Otherwise, OK to proceed!!!!
  by Doc Emmet Brown

waiting to see myself in one of these books.. so far no

A lot of us have seen pics of us in our younger days
  by SwingMan

Doc Emmet Brown wrote:waiting to see myself in one of these books.. so far no

A lot of us have seen pics of us in our younger days

The pictures are really cool, most of which have never been seen. The price is not though, $60 bucks at the most, with a couple cheaper loopholes.
  by LIengineerBob

JKTRR wrote:@LIRRengineerBob.....Ref F-M book....pg 34....."S" Block Limit Station was EAST of Syosset, WEST of Cold Spring Harbor. Otherwise, OK to proceed!!!!
Maybe I can be forgiven? That was looooong before I qualified!!!!
  by WILLIAM H. JONES

L.I.R.R. Vol 3 page 14 middle picture--should read Morris Park Car Shop, not Dunton Electric Shop.