• New Blue Line Cars Discussion(Now in Service)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by StevieC48

Just a thought:

When the Hawkers Came to Boston they had gotten the nick name "BlueBelles" for the Blue Line and "Orange Blossoms" for the Orange Line cars. I nothced that they seem to be the only subway cars with nick names of the fleets of subway cars.

by MBTA3247

StevieC48 wrote:Just a thought:

When the Hawkers Came to Boston they had gotten the nick name "BlueBelles" for the Blue Line and "Orange Blossoms" for the Orange Line cars. I nothced that they seem to be the only subway cars with nick names of the fleets of subway cars.
The #1 South Shore cars are known as "Silver Birds", and the #5 Cambridge-Dorchester cars are "Blue Birds".

by StevieC48

Oh yea brain lapse thanks

by sery2831

There is a test train out making laps tonight.

0706/07 and 0718/19 are the cars... 0706/07 have been here a while, they were the first cars to run over the Blue Line back in the summer.

by Robert Paniagua

Oh good, thanks for the update. This is just getting better, next time I go Blue, I might just be met by an 0700 rather than an 0600.
  by fenwayT

Last night, I got to ride in the new cars :-D ...0702-0703 were the back 2 cars of the train. Shortly, I'll post a shot of them, including what I then thought was an oddity: 0702 and 0703 before they were equipped with the pantograph (that's right...I have a picture of it at Wellington, without the pantograph), and this new shot of 0702 now in revenue service.

by GP40MC 1116

0702/0703 were never at Wellington to my knowledge, the only cars that were and still are at Wellington Shops are 0704/0705. Those cars will remain at Wellington to test future modifications and work out any major bugs before going back to Siemens

by sery2831

0702/03 were at Wellington for a short while... They did have a four car test train there at one time.

by GP40MC 1116

sery2831 wrote:0702/03 were at Wellington for a short while... They did have a four car test train there at one time.
My mistake, thank you for the clarification John.

by Robert Paniagua

I got 0713 this AM, Ride was good, and ASA was fine, trainset was, 0713/0712-0702/0703

by StevieC48

A third set ukn numbers will be comming on line soon. I was spaeking with an Inspector who was running the train around Friday to get its 500 miles. so keep an eye for a 3rd set soon.

by Robert Paniagua

All righty, I'll keep an eye out..

by sery2831

0706/07 and 0718/19 are the cars...

by Robert Paniagua

All right I'll try to find them.

However, this AM I got 0709 as the lead car of the very first trainset to see passengers and got the front window with an ad, ASA Was fine and ride was smooth.

by bootleg

one new car pulled into Orient Heights yard on a flat bed last week.